Virbac Recharge especially formulated to counteract fatigue and dehydration after heavy sweat loss, Recharge replaces the essential salts, plus glucose to facilitate the uptake of fluids and salts into the bloostream. Recharge stimulates thirst, encouraging water intake after administration.
- Horses prior to, during and after travel
- Performance horses following sweat loss
- Rehydration after illness or diarrhoea
- 'Tucked-up' horses - showing signs of dehydration
Why use Recharge ?
- Handy portable pack to administer at shows/events.
- Apple flavoured - can be mixed in water or squirted over the back of the tongue.
- Contains glucose for energy and rapid absorption of electrolytes.
- Combats dehydration/electrolyte loss immediately- no need to wait until the next feed to restore normal electrolytes levels.
- Can minimise fluid and electrolyte losses if used prior to the event.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
RECHARGE® concentrate solution can be administered by oral syringe over the back of the tongue, with immediate access to clean, fresh water provided to drink as required. Alternatively, RECHARGE® can be diluted with clean, fresh drinking water as directed. Dosage rates are for 450-500kg horses. Ponies less than 350kg offer half dose volumes.
|By oral syringe over tongue||Made-up drink in water|
(up to 30 minutes duration)
|40mL in 2 litres of water|
(30-60 minutes duration)
|60mL in 3 litres of water|
Racing, Jumping, Dressage, Polocrosse, Polo, Stock Work
|80mL in 4 litres of water|
|Heavy Sweat Loss and
Dehydration in all horses, Endurance, Eventing
|80mL after exercise||80mL in 4 litres of water|
SPECIAL DOSE RATES
Severely Dehydrated Horses: 6-8 litres of made up solution (40mL RECHARGE/litre water) may be administered by stomach tube as required under the supervision of a veterinary surgeon.
Endurance Exercise: 60 - 80mL can be administered by oral syringe over the tongue, during a ride or at check points, provided water is available or offered immediately.
Travelling Horses. Hot weather or long distances: 40 - 60mL over tongue with water provided 30 - 60 minutes before travelling, repeat every 2 - 3 hours during travelling, and again on arrival as required.
1L pack: Provides 16 doses for average horse.
Store below 30ºC (Room temperature). Protect from freezing. Replace cap tightly after use.