Fly Mask - Standard
Ballistic Mesh Fly Mask. These Caribu Fly Veils are designed with the comfort of the horse in mind.
They are made from a new ballistic nylon mesh material and feature two strategically placed eye darts that keep the mask off the eyes with no obstruction to vision. They are well padded to reduce any rub points with fleece over the poll, forehead & nose areas.
Featuring triple lock Velcro fastening to keep the mask securely in place as well as an elastic stretch point under the chin to allow for jaw movement.
Caribu Fly Masks offer:-
• Durable Ballistic Nylon Mesh
• Excellent fit, while keeping the mask away from the horses eyes
• Great fly and insect protection
• Extra strong adjustable velcro locking strap, with double locking action.
• Padded adjustable poll strap.
• Soft fleece muzzle and brow padding to prevent rubbing
• Elastic Velcro Loops*
* We include two elastic velcro loops that can be used to attach the fly mask to the halter loops on your horse rug. The success of this setup depends on the brand, style and size of your horse rug, as well as the temprement of your horse. Keep in mind that horse rug necks are shorter when the horse has their head down grazing and this could pull the fly mask over your horses head if the rug and mask are uncompatable togeather.
Available Colours: Black
Why only available in black? Because it’s the only colour that is nearly invisible when you look through it. It is also safer for your horse as it cuts down the glare and shadows.
Suggested Sizing: Please use the following as a guide only (horses heads can vary so much in shape). There is generally overlap in sizing as the fly masks do have a lot of adjustment.
Pony/Small - 5'0 to 5'6
Cob/Medium - 5'6 to 6'0
Full/Large - 6'3 to 6'9
**Horses are unpredictable animals and there is always a risk of a horse dislodging a fly mask from scratching, snagging or other mischief and then panicking if their vision is effected. When using fly masks and bonnets on horses you need to consider the horses temperament, location to other horses, environment and their overall suitability for wearing hoods. We recommend only using fly masks in safe environments where the horse can be supervised at all times.