Caribu Colorado 'Mid' 250gram Lined / 1680 Denier Turnout Rug with Detachable Neck
Caribu Colorado 'Mid' 250gram Lined / 1680 Denier Turnout Rug with Detachable Neck.
Photos are not true representative of colour available - photos pending (Light Blue top with Navy Skirt.)
The Colorado is our premium winter turnout combo horse rug. Constructed from strong 1680 Denier which is very durable
This Version of our Colorado Combo Horse Rugs feature a seperate rug with a detachable neck. This gives you the freedom to remove the neck section on those days its a little to warm for a full combo.
Incorporating European style 'Quick release' chest buckles with extra adjustment, very generous skirt lengths and reflective bindings & seams for added night safety.
Our 1680D Winter Turnout Horse Rugs feature:
• Premium 1680 Denier Breathable & Waterproof fabric
• Built in Ripstop for extra strength
• 250Gram Polyfill lining
• 210Gram Polyfill lining in the neck rug
• Reflective bindings & seams for added night safety
• Taped side seams
• Dual Quick Release European style chest buckles.
• Two front neck buckle closures
• Adjustable cross surcingles
• Shoulder Gussets
• Adjustable and removable webbed leg straps
• Full Wrap Tent Tail Flap - (Mare Friendly)
• Rear Darts for a comfortable fit
• Modified Nylon Lining with high breathability, extremely soft & mould resistant
• Detachable Neck Rug with 2 x 3 way locking velcro system.
• Generous Drops
• Bar-Tac reinforcing on all fittings
Please refer to our Rug Sizing Guide for a guide to sizing your horse.
Colours: Please check stock/colour availability in size drop down menu above.
What sets our 1680 Deniers Turnout horse rugs apart from others?
- The Colorado winter rugs include reflective bindings & seams for added night safety as standard.
- We only use Premium 410gsm weight 1680 Denier fabrics. Be wary of cheaper 1680 Denier rugs using thinner 320gsm fabrics. (more info below)
- We use extra wide fabric for construction - which allows us to deliver generous drops even in the bigger sizes. (as an example size 6'0 has a generous 106cm drop up to a 7’0 with a 115cm drop.)
- No rugs is ever 100% waterproof, but ours come close. We use a continuous run of fabric in the neck and body of the combo - no joins or seams in the neck line or back seam to let water in! The continuous neckline also helps to reduce mane rubbing.
- Dual European style 'Quick release' chest buckles with extra adjustment options.
- Very Generous 'Full Wrap' tail flaps
- All Caribu Synthetic Rugs and Combos are rated to a waterproof rating of at least 3000MM - more than twice the minimum requirements. Our Synthetic Rugs also have have a breathability rating of at least 3000gr/m2/per24hrs. The waterproof rating relates to the fabric.
No rug is ever 100% waterproof, as water will enter via seams & joins that can not be heat sealed (ie behind chest buckles, leg straps and tail flap joins). We use a continuous run of fabric in the neck and body of the combo - no joins or seams in the neck line or back seam to let water in! The continuous neckline also helps to reduce mane rubbing. Read more about our waterproofing and breathability here.
How much filling do I need in my horse rug?
We have a helpful guide to help with your decision Read more here.
Rug Care: Never wash synthetic deniers in anything but cold water. Water over 40c will damage the waterproof membrane. Learn more