Purple Paddock Ripstop Attached Hood Horse Rug / Show Set
Our Show Attached Hood Combo Horse Rugs are great for year round paddock use or as a show set.
These horse rugs are both stunning & versatile and are made from the same durable diamond weave ripstop fabric that we use in our paddock ripstop horse rugs - only these are stunning purple!
You decide if you want to use it as general paddock use horse rug, or as a show set.
These horse rugs feature a contoured back line for a snug fit and come with all the extras like - chest & mane anti rub linings, tent tail flaps, quality fittings, belly surcingles & with a generous drop. The hood is permanently attached directly to the horse rug. The convenience of a combo, but with the extra protection of a hood, enclosed ears and a hood poll strap* - all in one. Our hood poll strap is an added safety feature to reduce the risk of the hood moving. We do allow extra length in the necks so that the horse can graze freely.
Our Show Ripstop Attached Hood Rug Standard Features:
• Premium Dual weave Diamond Ripstop made from quality breathable 300 GSM cotton/polyester blend
• Generous Full Wrap Tent Tail flap (Mare Friendly)
• Dual Chest Buckles
• Bartac Reinforcing on all fittings
• Removable webbed leg straps - with quality snap hooks
• Adjustable Cross Belly Surcingles
• Gussets at shoulders for freedom of movement
• Rump darts, & tailored back line for a snug fit
• Fleece padding to protect the wither & nose.
• Internal lining in the chest area to help alleviate rubbing
Our Ripstop Hood Features :
• Internal lining in the mane strip to help alleviate rubbing
• Dual Ripstop - Breathable fabric
• Throat/Poll Strap for added security
• Enclosed Ears - which can be permanently removed.
• 3x Neck Buckles
Don't like Enclosed Ears? With this design the ears are attached & bound in such a way that if you prefer to use the hood permanently without ears - they can be cut off down low and the ear hole will still remain bound and prevent fraying.
Please refer to our Rug Sizing Guide for a guide to sizing your horse.
4'6-4'9 XS Pony Size Hood
5'0-5'3 Pony Size Hood
5'6-6'0 Cob Size Hood
6'3-6'9 Full Size Hood
Horse Rug Options (Must attach your self).
• Mesh Eye Covers are available as a self attach option -more info here
• Mesh Nose Flaps are available as a self attach option -more info here
*Horses are unpredictable animals and there is always a risk of a horse dislodging a hood from scratching, snagging or other mischief and then panicking if their vision is effected. When using hoods on horses you need to consider the horses temperament, location to other horses, environment and their overall suitability for wearing hoods. We recommend only using hoods in safe environments where the horse can be regularly supervised at all times. Please read our detailed user guide on using hoods and masks, things you need to consider, as well as information on correct adjustment of poll straps on this link