Caribu Summit 600 Denier Waterproof Rainsheet Combo Rug (No Fill)
The Caribu 600D Summit Rainsheet Turnout Horse Rug is based on the same design fit as our popular 1200D Eclipse Turnouts.
Made from 600 denier waterproof fabric with built in Ripstop. The Summit Rainsheet Turnout Horse Rug incorporates a soft, yet strong, can-can mesh lining (no fill) with an Anti-Rub lining in the entire mane, shoulders and skirts. The soft can-can mesh creates a breathing space between the rug and your horses coat, this has multiple advantages - it greatly improves breath-ability, airflow and comfort for your horse and won't rot or attract mold like a cotton lining.
This horse rug offers great versatility year round. It and can be used in wet weather in the warmer months, or use it as an outer horse rug and layer rugs underneath in the cooler months.
Summit 600 Denier Rainsheet Combo Horse Rugs feature:
• 600 Denier Rated Breathable & Waterproof fabric
• Soft Can-Can mesh body lining
• Polypropylene Bindings
• 2 x 25mm Standard Chest buckles, with Velcro lock
• 2 x 19mm Neck buckles
• Adjustable cross surcingles
• Shoulder Gussets
• Rear Darts for a comfortable fit
• Adjustable and Removable webbed leg straps
• Tent Tail flap (mare friendly)
• Waterproof, breathable and windproof
• Incorporating Ripstop design material for extra strength
• Taped side seams for extra waterproof performance (very important!)
• Internal lining in the chest & in the mane area to help alleviate rubbing and soft can can mesh lining across the body, which creates a breathing space between the rug and your horses coat.
• We use a continuous run of fabric in the neck and body of the combo - no joins or seams in the neck line or along the back = better waterproofing and better fit.
Available Colours: Colours are rotated regularly. Check the drop down above for available sizes and colours.
Please Note: Our Turquoise combos include a reflector strip in the binding, the purple and blue combos do not.
Please refer to our Rug Sizing Guide for a guide to sizing your horse.
We recommend using rainsheets in conjunction with a light cotton horse rug. Colder outside air temperature and warmer air under the rug from the horses body heat will create condensation. This will accumulate on the inside of the rug. A light cotton under rug or similar with good moisture wicking properties helps to transport moisture away from their skin.
What sets our 600 Deniers Turnout horse rugs apart from others?
- We only use Premium 300gsm weight denier fabrics. Be wary of cheaper 600 Denier rugs using thinner 250gsm fabrics. (more info below)
- We use extra wide fabric for construction - which allows us to deliver generous drops even in the bigger sizes . (as an example size 6'0 has a generous 106cm drop up to a 7’0 with a 115cm drop.)
- No rugs is ever 100% waterproof, but ours come close. We use a continuous run of fabric in the neck and body of the combo - no joins or seams in the neck line or back seam to let water in! The continuous neckline also helps to reduce mane rubbing.
- Very Generous 'Full Wrap' tail flaps
- All Caribu Synthetic Rugs and Combos are rated to a waterproof rating of at least 3000MM - more than twice the minimum requirements. Our Synthetic Rugs also have have a breathability rating of at least 3000gr/m2/per24hrs. The waterproof rating relates to the fabric. No rug is ever 100% waterproof, as water will enter via seams & joins that can not be heat sealed (ie behind chest buckles, leg straps and tail flap joins). We use a continuous run of fabric in the neck and body of the combo - no joins or seams in the neck line or back seam to let water in! The continuous neckline also helps to reduce mane rubbing. Read more about our waterproofing and breathability here.
Rug Care: Some horses perspiration can be more acidic than others, depending on diet and this can shorten the life of the membrane/Linings so Caribu would recommend using under rugs to extend the life of your synthetic rugs. Never wash synthetic deniers in anything but cold water. Water over 40c will damage the waterproof membrane. Learn more
Customer feedback on this Product
Would you like to leave a review for this product?
Reviewer: Dallas Hannaford
Great to see you doing 600D options for those of us that find the 1200Deniers a little out of our reach!
Reviewer: Robyn Stowgood
This has been a great combo. Now nearly 9 months old and going strong!
Reviewer: Judy Wright
Can't speak highly enough about the Caribu unfilled rain sheet. We have had ours for 2 years now and love them. Solid perfect for in between weather and safe. Ill be buying one for our pony now he needs a rug. Thanks for this great product Caribu.
Reviewer: Deb O'Connor
Always struggled with rain sheets because my boy gets hot so easily. But the 600D is perfect - can wear during the worst storms and stay dry plus Caribou are the only rugs that a generous enough for a bulky horse.
Reviewer: Judy Wright
Cant praise these rain sheets enough. Love these and so do my horses. Strong, lightweight, waterproof and comfortable. No complaints for my horses what so ever. Keeps them dry even in heavy rain and great for that in between weather. Hate overheating our horses with heavy rugs in warmer weather.
Thank you Caribu