Promectin Plus *MINI*
Promectin Plus Mini Allwormer Paste for adult Horses and one for Foals and Ponies. .
Each is designed as a single-use tube so the full dose in the tube is delivered in one go - which means no dial-a-dose partial delivery.
Promectin Plus Mini Allwormer Paste for Horses in formulated for horses in the liveweight range of 300kg to 600kg.
Promectin Plus Mini Allwormer Paste for Foals and Ponies is formulated for animals in the liveweight range of 150kg to 300kg.
Both deliver a palatable paste which is readily accepted by the horse. In fact, due to the low-volume dose and easily concealed mini-tune, the horse will often be dosed before realising what has happened.
At the recommended dose level, Promectin® Plus Mini Allwormer Paste controls the following ivermectin or praziquantel susceptible parasites:
- Tapeworms: Anoplocephala perfoliata
- Large Strongyles: Strongylus vulgaris (adult & arterial stages), Strongylus edentatus (adult & tissue stages), Strongylus equinus (adults), Tridontophorus spp (adults)
- Small Strongyles: including benzimidazole resistant strains of adult and immature Cyathostomum spp, Cylicocyclus spp, Cyclicostephanus spp, Cyclicodontophorus spp, Gyalocephalus spp.
- Pinworms: Oxyuris equi (adult & immature).
- Ascarids:(roundworms): Parascaris equorum (adult & immature).
- Hairworms: Trichostrongylus axei (adult).
- Large Mouth Stomach Worms:Habronema muscae (adult).
- Neck Threadworms: Onchocerca spp (microfilariae).
- Bots:Gasterophilus spp (oral & gastric stages).
- Lungworms: Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (adult & immature).
- Intestinal Threadworms: Strongyloides westeri (adult).
Promectin® Plus Mini Allwormer Paste also effectively controls skin lesions caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous larvae (summer sores) and microfilariae of Onchocerca spp. (cutaneous onchocerciasis). All horses should be included in a regular parasite control programme, with particular attention paid to mares, foals and yearlings.
Directions for Use:
One syringe carries a dose that is sufficient for the weight category described on the packaging.
Use Promectin® Plus Mini Allwormer Paste for Horses (300 kg – 600 kg) when treating horses between 300 kg and 600 kg and use Promectin® Plus Mini Allwormer Paste for Foals and Ponies (150 kg – 300 kg) when treating foals or ponies between 150 kg and 300 kg.
Ensure there is no food in the horse’s mouth. Insert the syringe into the side of the horse’s mouth, in the gap between the front and back teeth. Administer the entire contents of the syringe. Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing, to ensure the full dose has been swallowed.
Promectin® Plus Mini Allwormer Paste (Horse or Foal and Pony) has shown a wide safety margin at the recommended dose level. It may be used in horses of all ages. Mares may be treated at any stage of pregnancy. Stallions may be treated without adversely affecting their fertility.
Ivermectin 19 mg/g, Praziquantel 238mg/g